Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lets Look Again Kids

One of the things I feel very passionately about is children . Another is Art. Putting the two together for me is great fun and I am thoroughly enjoying it.  I like to help children re-learn to look at the world around them. My own children and those who come for lessons.

Something happens to children as they get older. They seem to stop looking at things. I mean really looking. Art is a fun and relaxed way to " switch the eyes" back on again. So we try and really see what is in front of us. Like this Hermit crab we found at the beach. What a great thing to draw especially after we watched him unfold himself and creep in and out the shell he had chosen as his home.
What about looking and seeing every detail on a beautiful face!
Children also like to look at ideas and express those on paper and we create lots of opportunities in our home for our own children to do this.

Taking concepts like learning to read and letters and turning them into a picture is great fun and I guess falls into the spectrum called art.
One of my sons did this art work at school. I love it. It is part real and part fantasy.
This is a free painting experience by a 6 year old. He made his own flag on a canvas for his room. .
Taking favorite pictures is a good way to get older children this child used a picture from the internet and created a picture using information from it.
Children can also draw their experiences like and outing to the beach.
These two war pictures were part of a book created by a child. Clearly a boy who loves ideas around war. I love the tank. It has such a feeling of might and strength.

So , get painting and drawing and let your kids have fun as they interpret the world in which we live and share it with you in art.

No comments:

Post a Comment