Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Chameleon Part 1

 It is the holidays. In South Africa, we have a longish holiday in June/July. It is cold and wet in Cape Town. The children need something to keep them busy and , I feel engaged. I have offered these classes for the first time this year. They have been full!!
 WE began with the Chameleon. This is one of my favourite lessons. After listening to the book called Chameleons are Cool by  Martin Jenkins    , we began to draw our chosen creature using a B pencil.
 Here are some of the beautiful works of art. The youngest amoung is was only 3 years old:)

 Here the children are very busy at looking and drawing.


Here, this little girl began to paint her picture after drawing in all the shapes with black felt tip pen. Her work is beautiful!!!




 At the end I always ask the children to tell me which part they love the best. .....to be continued.


No comments:

Post a Comment