Monday, June 11, 2018

What can we do with paper?

 Paper art fascinates me.Not just origami, the ancient Japanese paper folding art, but all art created with paper. If you have ever tried to manipulate a tiny piece of paper into a shape or cut holes into a folded piece, not only can the difficulty be exposed but also the wonder, as you fold it out and let it reveal what you have created.

 This art lesson is one of my absolute favourite ones. 
We start with bits of pre- cut paper and through a fairly word lead process, the children begin.
In other words, I ask a myriad of questions and this sparks the children off.
 Questions like...
1. can you make a circle with this piece?
2. how can you join it to the page? How can you join it to another circle? In a new way?
etc etc

 This is the work of a group of children from this art class . I hope you enjoy this work as much as I have.




No comments:

Post a Comment